Monday, January 25, 2010

It's ON: Starting with my radio show last night


In case y'all didn't hear, my hometown won the NFC championship last night, launching us into an impromptu Mardi Gras. For a lot of us, we never thought a black & gold superbowl could or would happen.

So I've changed colors accordingly (perhaps a little gaudier than before) and I'm declaring a rivalry between this blog and Colt-loving Brandonio's RockIsDead RIP. Sure it's brought me a lot of hits and normally I'd say it's an excellent blog and probably the next one you should go to after this one, but I'm afraid we can't be friends*. I don't really know what this rivalry means, I'm pretty sure he gets way more hits than I do (deservedly so, he posts good stuff and way more often than I do), but I'll wield the one weapon I have: my hometown: New Orleans is unparalleled in its rock & roll, etc, history so until the Superbowl I'm going to try to stick in that mode.

So since this was some dumb idea I cooked up as I rolled out of bed today, I'll post something from my other little creative endeavor that I usually keep separate from this blog. I do a weekly surf & instrumental radio show on WTUL 91.5FM and yesterday I was doing that from 4PM-6PM, right through the 5:40 kickoff. I think it was one of my better shows and undoubtedly one of the ones where I was getting more worked up, so here ya go

Storm Surge of Reverb NFC Championship Edition (really big so you might wanna right click, save as)

*just as I declared this rivalry into existence, I will declare it immediately over after the Superbowl... WHEN WE WIN. But we can be friends again then

1 comment:

Brandonio! said...

It's on Sucka!Go Colts! You better start prayin'now.