Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Death Race Decision

OK I saw it. I was right about what I thought it was going to be, and actually kind of wrong about it sucking. It was a fun movie with great stunts, and there was plenty of gratuitious violence in it to kind of keep it in line with the original. But it was also missing a lot. The other drivers are all essentially different stereotypes of what a thug from each race would look like. That's it though, it's entirely looks and entirely tame. Play up the stereotypes until they're ridiculous, have the characters throw hissy fits, give us something absurd!

I don't really want to make a habit of movie reviews so I won't give you more of one than you just got, but I'd suggest this: forget it's called Death Race. Remember the live action Mario Brothers movie that was (somewhat) dark and gritty. They did the same thing to Mario Kart!

No comments: