Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Colleen and her Schoolmates -


We will take a brief detour away from Rock & Roll today because I've got something really kitschy and strange and nowhere else to put it. Colleen and her Schoolmates essentially sounds like a kindergarden teacher singing with her kids. This is the sort of stuff that you grab samples from and put into other music (if it weren't for the fuzziness). Or maybe just stick in the middle of a radio show in hopes to unsettle. I know I will.

Apparently Mr. Previous-owner/DJ liked Mairzy Doats more. In fact, given the amount of checks on this, I wonder if this was once going out on the Louisiana airwaves in an unironic manner. If so, YES.
Mairzy Doats







Personally, I think "My Heart is on a Merry-Go-Round" is the song for the thoroughly modern listener, with disonant stacato piano grouping with yelling kids allowing for a much stranger listen.
My Heart Is On A Merry-Go-Round





No comments: